Monday, March 20, 2006

Censure

I’m convinced that the censure motion proposed by Senator Russ Feingold (D-WI) is legitimate and should be put forward and supported. No senator saw fit to support this resolution. I think this is wrong. So, I emailed Mr. Feingold with a “go get ‘em!”. I emailed Hillary Clinton (D-NY) and Charles Schumer (D-NY) encouraging them to support Mr. Feingold.
I emailed my congressman, Randy Kuhl (R-NY). Yes, he's R-NY, but I still feel the same way, and he is my congressman. Never mind that the house can't censure the president ;) He probably thinks all democrats are idiots, anyway.

I encourage you to write your representatives concerning this issue.
Censure Resolution
Feingold Statement
US House of Representatives
US Senate
I don’t know Mr. Schumer or Randy Kuhl that well, so I wrote more formal letters. Hillary? Russ? Those folks talk my language :)

Mr.Schumer,
I would like to encourage you to support Senator Feingold's resolution to censure the president. I believe that Mr. Feingold's resolution is correct on all points. Now is the time to stand up.
Thank you
James Heaney

Mrs. Clinton,
I am disappointed that you did not support Russ Feingold's censure proposition. We're no longer trying. When the patriot act passes overwhelmingly, the opposition has crumbled. Have you seen the way Fox is Lambasting judges? They called it Tar and Feathering 200 years ago. Time to stand up. As they say on the audio servers
"Announce, Pronounce, Say what counts."
Thank You
James Heaney

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home