Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Byte-93


Byte-93
Originally uploaded by npanth.

I heralded the future of Apple back in '93. I even kept the magazine.
I didn't even bookmark the page when Apple announced that they were switching to Intel.
That was the golden age of Personal computing. I think we've passed into another golden age, Network computing. Maybe it can even be shortened to Networking, because it's much more of a social revolution than the personal computing revolution. Back then, computers isolated us. Now, I chat with friends all over the world every night on ventrilo. Watch videos that augment the news. Stuff like that. I'm not saying that there wasn't an internet back then, I was all over BitNet back in the '80's. It's just that getting on line back then was a ritual. Now, with just a few clicks, you're gunning down the enemy, while discussing breaking news with a guy in England. I miss the heady days of ripping the package off like a present to see what new magic was coming. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger High Power Rocketry said...

Lol those were the days! :) I miss my old mac and the games I had for it, avara, ambrosia games... etc.

3/15/2006 1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home