Sunday, May 21, 2006

Wissahickon Creek


http://www.flickr.com/photos/jheaney1/sets/

Is it better to shoot photos with the Crop in mind? I used to shoot for the crop when I had a film camera. When I found a subject, I would start a zoom series, trying to take every aspect of the subject. As you zoom, your picture tends to “flatten out”. The picture that’s cropped out of a wide angle picture is different from the one that’s taken zoomed in. Now that I have a digital SLR, I’ve found that I don’t crop the images I take anymore. As I’m shooting, that magic little window tells me if I’ve got a good composition or not. Well, a good composition for me, at least. Here, I think I’d crop out the land at the top of the picture, free up the trees in the water reflection. What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home