Thursday, March 02, 2006

Twitch and Amber






Introducing the Pets... Here are Amber and Twitch, my erstwhile roommates. Amber is a 5 year old German Shepard/Black Lab/Pointer. Twitch is one of those black cats that walked through a pan of white paint... you know, fighter plane markings :) She's 9.
Amber has Pannus which causes the scars on her eyes. She's about 50% blind. She's getting bad hips, too... at least she's still good in the middle. She makes up for her infirmaries with a sweet heart. I think she was abused at some point, because she has a mark on her neck where the collar was too tight, and she's obsessively submissive. I'm no alpha dog, and she still grovels constantly. I've had her for about 8 months.
Twitch... where to start. I've had Twitch since she was 6 months old. She was a stray. She's always been very timid, but a great cat nonetheless. It took her almost 6 months to get used to the dog, but she's starting to come out of her shell now. She's hassling me for treats right now, which she would never do before. I'll sign out to give her a pounce.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home